The next hsa-h pto general meeting will be held at the start of the 2021-2022 school year
General Meetings are normally scheduled on the third Tuesday of every month during the school year.
Our next General Meeting is tentatively scheduled for 7:00 pm on Tuesday, September 21st.
Meeting ID: 956 7211 6959
Who We Are
The Harmony Science Academy Houston Parent Teacher Organization (HSA-H PTO) was founded with the following purposes:
- To promote the educational and emotional well-being of HSA-H children.
- To encourage closer communication, cooperation, and understanding among parents, teachers, staff, and students of HSA-H.
- To provide opportunities for discussion of issues pertaining to the school/community and to engage in appropriate action on those issue.
- To represent HSA-H parents and teachers to community and public school organizations.
The HSA-H PTO, governed by its bylaws, was formally incorporated with the state of Texas on November 1, 2019. We received tax exempt, public charity status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(3) on January 8, 2020. As a result, our PTO can receive tax deductible donations, enabling donors to deduct their contributions to our PTO from their taxes under IRC and applicable laws and statutes.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we operate under the following broad parameters:
- No parts of the earning of the HSA-H PTO are distributed to members or officers of the organization.
- HSA-H PTO is financed under the general plan of fundraising events and activities, gifts, and grants.
- Kaweem Koshan, President
- Cyminde Matthews, Vice President
- Mayas Ali, Treasurer
- Ineke Kerkhofs, Secretary
- Hudaverdi Bozyigit, School Liaison
HSA-H PTO News
5/22/2021 – HSA-H PTO provided a concession stand at the Senior Graduation.
5/18/2021 – Final HSA-H PTO General Meeting held for the 2020-2021 school year.
3/2/2021 – HSA-H PTO is now registered as a public charity on Amazon Smile. You can now use a special link when buying on Amazon and then Amazon will donate a part of their revenue to HSA-H PTO at no cost to you.
3/2/2021 – HSA-H PTO Drop Box installed at Front Office.
1/19/2021 – Donations accepted through Zelle. Please Go To our Donate page for additional information.
1/4/2021 – New HSA-H PTO Web site published.
12/24/2020 – HSA-H PTO account opened at Bank of America.
12/17/2020 – Per Article IV, Section 7A of the bylaws, Ms. Mayas Ali was appointed as PTO Treasurer.
12/15/2020 – HSA-H PTO Zoom account established.
12/14/2020 – HSA-H PTO registered on TechSoup and Google GSuites for Non-Profits3.